Do you have an interest in genetics, genomics and DNA sequencing?
Do you have laboratory experience using biochemistry or molecular biology techniques?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with the world leader in Next Generation Sequencing technology?
At Illumina, we apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago.
Illumina currently has an opportunity for a Research Associate to join a dynamic, team-oriented workplace and help create Next Generation Sequencing products which are used at the forefront of research into disease association and personalized medicine. The successful candidate will perform genome sequencing and data analysis on various Illumina platforms and will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver projects as part of the Sequencing Biochemistry group. We are looking for graduate level candidates who have a strong interest/understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry, as the team focuses on the development of some of Illumina’s core technology. The ideal candidate will already have experience working in an industrial environment and would like to apply this knowledge to cutting-edge NGS technologies.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and optimise Next Generation Sequencing methodologies
- Operation of Next Generation Sequencing instruments
- Experiment planning, execution, troubleshooting, data analysis and interpretation
- Prepare and present results and communicate effectively with colleagues
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively is essential
- Maintain strong working relationships within a multi-disciplinary environment
- An ability to be flexible in a fast paced and dynamic environment
This role would suit a graduate/MSc candidate with a background in research laboratories (industrial or academic), with good molecular biology skills, who is looking for an opportunity to work with a market leader in Next Generation Sequencing technology.
Illumina offer an industry leading remuneration package, state of the art facilities and an innovative, fast-moving work environment.
**Please not this role is not suitable for Post Doctoral or newly graduated candidates