Provide administrative support for the day-to-day activities of the HIV/AIDS Prevention Trials Network (HPTN) Principal Investigator (PI) and the Microbicide Trial Network (MTN) PI. This person will work with considerable independence and is expected to use initiative and sound judgment to properly prioritize and accomplish multiple responsibilities within a challenging and stimulating work environment.
This position reports to the Program Administrator of the Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, and Epidemiology Program within the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division. The position's primary responsibility is to support the HPTN and MTN PIs and other administrative tasks.
- Maintain and manage the two PI's complex and frequently changing calendar and meeting schedule. Work with PIs to understand points of flexibility, level of importance and required attendance in addressing meeting requests. Assist PI in keeping to the day's schedule through ongoing notification.
- Triage phone messages and e-mail correspondence on a daily basis. Facilitate communication, maintain correspondence via email, and serve as the point of contact for outside sources as well as internal sources. Assist in meeting scheduling for large internal meetings involving the PIs.
- Work with travel agency to make arrangements for travel, including flights, hotel, rental cars, and registration fees. Process all associated travel expense forms, including reimbursement for outside activities and reconciliation of PI's corporate credit card. Ensure that travel is appropriately charged, and all Center and Program guidelines are met.
- Coordinate all activities and setup for study-related meetings including research and selection of site, hotel and conference arrangements (meals, conference rooms, A/V equipment, etc.), flights, communication with attendees and preparation of meeting materials. Prepare schedules, travel and seminar arrangements for invited seminar speakers; schedule meetings between speaker and faculty, process travel expenditures and honorarium payments.
- Assist with special projects as requested including internet research, literature research, writing and formatting documents, presentations, slides, and overheads.
- Attend regular program meetings; prepare and distribute agendas, take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Format and coordinate scientific manuscript preparation with author and co-authors; arrange for submission to journals for publication.
- Maintain PIs CV and biosketch and list of publications in EndNote libraries. Tracking down PMCID publication numbers as needed.
- Provide required documents to Grants and Finance staff in the preparation of grants and contracts as needed.
- Provide administrative support for PI's for expense report submissions, supplies purchasing, shipping, signature facilitation and other duties as needed while utilizing and facilitating good communication and working relationships with existing support services within Fred Hutch and within the program administrative team.
- Carry out miscellaneous special assignments and perform other responsibilities as assigned
- BA or BS degree required.
- Minimum of five years office and computer experience in support at the senior management level.
- Academic and/or Non-Profit experience highly prefered.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and possess excellent judgment and professionalism.
- Knowledge of MS Office products such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team, to anticipate upcoming tasks, and to take initiative.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2205493-2647-5721