Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support for the day-to-day activities of faculty within the Biostatistics, Bioinformatics and Epidemiology Program, a part of the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division at Fred Hutch. This person will be contributing to efforts to seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases.
This person will work with considerable independence and is expected to use initiative and sound judgment to properly prioritize and accomplish multiple responsibilities within a challenging and stimulating work environment. This person will support 2 dynamic member- track faculty with progressive portfolios and their research teams. As part of a larger program with 15 member-track faculty, this person will be a part of a team of research administration professionals and have the opportunity develop and to cross train in different areas if desired.
- Manage the PI's complex, frequently changing calendar. Assist the PI in keeping to the day's schedule through ongoing notification. Work with PIs to understand points of flexibility, level of importance and required attendance.
- Triage phone messages, mail and e-mail correspondence on a daily basis. Serve as the point of contact for outside collaborators as well as internal colleagues.
- Work with the travel agency to make arrangements for travel, including flights, hotel, rental cars, and registration fees.
- Collect receipts, identify budget sourcing, prepare and code travel expenses and credit card reports.
- Assist with recruiting, onboarding and offboarding activities with the support from the administrative manager and HR.
- Coordinate space availability and set-up workstations for new employees.
- Coordinate meetings including conference rooms, meals A/V equipment, invitations, and preparation of meeting materials.
- Attend regular program meetings; prepare and distribute agendas, take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Format and coordinate scientific manuscript preparation with author and co-authors; arrange for submission to journals for publication.
- Maintain PIs CV and biosketch and list of publications in EndNote. Track PMCID publication numbers as needed.
- Prepare and provide required documents in the preparation of grants and contracts as needed.
- Purchase supplies, process shipping, and other duties as needed while utilizing and facilitating good communication and working relationships with existing support services within Fred Hutch. Carry out miscellaneous special assignments and perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and possess excellent judgment and professionalism.
- Minimum of five years office and computer experience.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe and PowerPoint is required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team, to anticipate upcoming tasks, track projects and assignments, and to take initiative.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE