The Executive Administrative Assistant and Legal Operations Projects role provides Executive Administrative support to the Chief Legal Officer and the Legal & Regulatory department. In addition, this position acts as back-up and team-member to support the Corporate offices of the CEO, COO, and includes coordinating Board of Director meetings and activities. In this highly visible role, the individual will handle details of an extremely confidential and critical nature. This role will require facility with administrative and technical processes and systems, and a pro-active, team-oriented perspective and motivation to enable each team member to achieve his or her goals. This person accomplishes Legal & Regulatory team objectives; will develop and maintain detailed project schedules; manage and implement assigned projects using a variety of tools including salesforce.com, Box and the Assurx Document Management System. Lastly, this role will further enhance the department's and GHI's reputation by accepting ownership of tasks and finding opportunities to add value, proficiency and create efficiencies.
- Provide Executive Assistant support including phone, email support, calendaring (including routine outlook requests, one-on-one schedules and departmental meetings) for the CLO and direct reports.
- Coordinate travel and expense report management for the CLO as well as direct reports.
- Provide leadership and support for various administrative projects and processes: Legal & Regulatory communications & presentations; internal/external correspondence; organizational updates, monthly reporting requirements and communication, etc.
- Manage Legal & Regulatory educational opportunities (e.g., PLC, PLI); working directly with these suppliers, ordering books, materials, supplies, etc., as requested by members of the department.
- Conduct routine administrative activities including, but are not limited to: departmental document filing and retention, copying and distribution, credit card reconciliation, time off/in office calendar, supplies, internal and external correspondence and mailings, subscriptions and publications, and other activities upon request.
- Assist all team members with planning internal meetings and complex cross-department meetings, including direct planning of twice-monthly Legal & Regulatory meetings.
- Co-ownership of system administration work for the Legal & Regulatory knowledge management systems (e.g., Apttus, Box, etc.); provide first-level troubleshooting support to users, and coordinate problem resolution with IT and other stakeholders. Participate in training and onboarding new users to these and other systems.
- Routinely answer questions and requests from GHI personnel as related to Legal & Regulatory programs, projects, and functions
- Track and monitor department budget, working closely with the Legal & Regulatory Team and its Finance Partner.
- Provide backup phone and/or calendaring support for the EA to the Chairman, CEO and COO during vacation, sick days or other out of office needs.
- Will interface with Board Members, all levels of employees, outside vendors, patients and industry luminaries as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to communicate at all levels of a corporation, as well as the Board of Directors and Industry leaders.
- Computer skills: advanced word processing; spreadsheets, advanced PowerPoint, databases, contract and matter management, knowledge management & collaboration tools familiarity and use of Internet, presentation development skills MS Office expertise must be at a very high level.
- Writing skills: memos, letters, data analyses, with proper grammar and spelling.
- Mastery of calendaring for multiple, complex schedules, and pro-active issue spotting and resolution of meeting time conflicts, need for travel time, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, complex tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective team member.
- Maintains a positive mental attitude to daily tasks and becomes a net contributor to overall morale. Acts as a Legal & Regulatory team “ambassador” to reinforce the team's commitment to excellence, collaborative approach, and customer-service oriented culture and values.
- Demonstrated willingness to exercise initiative in cases where decisions need to be made and supervisors are not available to consult, coupled with the tact and judgment to do so appropriately.
- Demonstrated communication skills, verbal, tact, composure under pressure and confidentiality in order to coordinate complex issues, schedules, travel, and logistical projects / programs in and outside of Genomic Health.
- Ability to develop productive, collaborative relationships throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated detail orientation and organizational skills with ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation (experience in customer or client-facing role is a plus).
- Minimum of 10 years in executive level support, preference for experience in public company support, and legal and regulatory familiarity. Flexibility to support functional processes.
- Basic knowledge of industry-standard corporate practices and policies preferred.
- Meeting planning experience helpful.