EMBL-EBI and Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute share the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus. This proximity fosters close collaborations and contributes to an international and vibrant campus environment. Researchers are supported by easy access to scientific expertise, well-equipped facilities and an active seminar programme.
The EMBL-EBI–Sanger Postdoctoral (ESPOD) Programme builds on the strong collaborative relationship between the two institutes, offering projects which combine experimental (wet lab) and computational approaches.
Projects may be selected from pre-defined areas or proposed by the applicant. In the case of self-defined projects, the area of work must have been agreed with both EMBL-EBI and Sanger-based group leaders. Two postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded in 2015, to start as soon as possible after October 2015 but within 12 months of the fellowship being awarded. For full information on the ESPOD fellowships visit http://www.ebi.ac.uk/research/postdocs/espods
You may select your project from the following pre-defined areas:
- Project 1: Systematic Characterisation of non-coding RNA: Protein interactions and their biological impact (Enright/Choudhary)
- Project 2: Co-‐evolution of the human genome and microbiome (Finn/Lawley)
- Project 3: Implementation of a live, cloud-based cancer genome analysis toolkit analyzing GEL data (Gerstung/Campbell)
- Project 4: Combining systems genetics and multidimensional functional genomics approaches to understand the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis (Stegle/Zeggini)
- Project 5: Human genetics meets single cell transcriptomics to unravel immune disease processes (Stegle/Teichmann/Trynka)