The primary function of the Equipment Engineer is to maintain all production instruments in a fast paced DNA synthesis environment. The Equipment Engineer will test production instruments for daily, weekly, and monthly quality metrics, maintain documentation of such tests, troubleshoot, perform general, routine and preventative maintenance on all equipment and schedule service calls as needed. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated and perform other production duties as required.
- Assume ownership of performing installation qualification, operational qualification, and performance qualification on new equipment and existing equipment
- Assume ownership of performing routine preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment in accordance with equipment manufacturer specifications
- Assume ownership of maintaining equipment to meet the requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 Quality Management System
- Maintain and track equipment downtime, failure modes, and spares inventory
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Work closely with process engineers to understand equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specifications
- BS in Engineering or Sciences field or related technical discipline.
- Experience working under ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 Quality Management System is a plus
- Experience with automated liquid handlers a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in equipment maintenance, calibration, and repair.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment (lab covering, hairnets, gloves, etc).