Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
The primary function of the Equipment Engineer is to maintain all production instruments in a fast paced DNA synthesis environment. The Equipment Engineer will test production instruments for daily, weekly, and monthly quality metrics, maintain documentation of such tests, troubleshoot, perform general, routine and preventative maintenance on all equipment and schedule service calls as needed. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated and perform other production duties as required.
- Assume ownership of maintaining and calibrating production tools in accordance with equipment manufacturer specifications.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and oversee service calls on production instruments as needed.
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble equipment according to operating manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Perform regular equipment checks, calibrations and characterization.
- Work closely with process engineers to understand equipment interactions and limitations relative to operating specifications.
- Support production as needed.
- Establish PM strategies and protocols.