DNA Script is looking for a talented individual to join the enzyme engineering team, in charge of helping the team to build highly performing enzyme variants for our DNA synthesis technology. The position will also set up new engineering projects to provide key technologies for the DNA synthesis process.
- Initiate, design and execute protein engineering projects
- Design, generate and screen libraries of enzyme variants using state-of-the-art techniques Purify proteins and plasmid DNA
- Develop and perform enzymatic activity tests
- Adapt/optimize existing workflows and develop new approaches to screen improved enzymes
Qualifications and experience
- Masters' or PhD Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry
- Hands on' working experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, assay development, enzymology
- Expertise in state-of-the-art methods to engineer enzymes for improved stability, activity and selectivity.
- Familiarity with protein handling and purification
- Basic bioinformatics and protein structure analysis
- Ability to support multiple projects and to work closely with a multi-disciplinary scientific environment
- Fluent English speaker
- Familiarity with high throughput approaches
- in vitro protein expression and/or emulsion-based assays
- Experience with fluorescence-assisted cell sorting