TriLink BioTechnologies is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to develop and execute EHS programs for TriLink BioTechnologies and help lead companywide EHS projects as needed. The primary duties will involve effectively managing and mitigating exposure while promoting a safe workplace for employees and ensure compliance with applicable environmental and safety regulations by developing and maintaining a comprehensive EHS program.
- Ensure that the EHS programs meet all federal, state and local regulatory, reporting, permitting and licensing requirements
- Oversee regular trainings, laboratory safety checks, and general inspections to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards
- Continuously review and improve new health and safety policies and procedures i.e., biosafety, chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention, emergency preparedness, hazardous waste, etc.
- Analyze and maintain safety metrics, reports, records, training documents, CERS, etc. to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Assist with investigation of injuries/illnesses, near-misses and environmental incidents and provide support for corrective action plans
- Manage emergency procedures such as mock and real alarm drills
- Promote safety culture in the workplace and actively participate in safety committee meetings to encourage team members to take ownership of their areas
- Technical experience in and knowledge of biotechnology, research and development, or laboratory setting is required.
- B.S. in Environmental/Occupational Health and Safety, Physical and/or Lifescience or Certification such as CSP, CHMM, CIH; Master degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of EH&S experience.
- LifeScience and laboratory focus preferred
- Chemical laboratory safety programs
- Hazardous waste and hazardous chemical management
- Powered equipment and warehouse experience
- Experience interacting with varying regulatory agencies and reporting requirements of each i.e., CERS, FPB-500, etc.
- In depth understanding of CAL-OSHA, CAL-EPA, ISO, DOT, NFPA and workers compensation regulations
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- A people-oriented leadership style that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor
- Safety management preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
- Member of the NSC, ASSP, NAEM or other similar entities
TriLink BioTechnologies is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
TriLink is an EEO employer.