The European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) is seeking an enthusiastic biologist to join the Vertebrate Genomics group, supporting resources such as Ensembl, Ensembl Genomes and the 1000 Genomes project. The successful candidate will join the Ensembl outreach team, an energetic group responsible for user training and support, disseminating project information and contributing to website usability.
- Planning and delivering training workshops, involving public presentations and extensive worldwide travel
- Creating and maintaining documentation and e-learning materials
- Direct support of user queries via email and RT (Request Tracker)
- Disseminating of key developments via social media
- Feedback to development teams
- Supporting usability testing and web design.
The post holder will also work with the EBI's general Outreach and Training Team (OTT) and will report to the Ensembl Outreach Project Leader.