The Vertebrate Genomics group is seeking an enthusiastic biologist to join the outreach team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) which is located on the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the area of scientific communication. You will join the Ensembl outreach team who are an energetic group of people who have responsibility for user training and support, disseminating project information and contributing to website usability. The team also supports many resources including Ensembl, Ensembl Genomes and the 1000 Genomes project.
In addition to the above, the post-holder will have the following responsibilities:
- Planning and delivering training workshops, involving public presentations and extensive worldwide travel.
- Creating and maintaining documentation and e-learning materials.
- Direct support of user queries via email and RT (Request Tracker).
- Disseminating of key developments via social media.
- Feedback to development teams.
- Supporting usability testing and web design.
The post holder will also work with the EBI's general Training Team and will report to the Ensembl Outreach Project Leader.