EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS degree with 3+ years of additional experience, or A technician certificate with 5 years of experience in the applicable engineering or laboratory field.
LAB EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTER EXPERIENCE AND LEVEL OF PROFICIENCY
- A familiarity with basic electronic/mechanical test and inspection equipment is required.
- Ability to read schematics and drawings.
- Prior experience and ability to fully support and troubleshoot and repair complex robotic laboratory
- Familiar with motion control, pumps, automated pipetting modules is desired.
- Ability to learn and calibrate electomechanical devices.
- Ability to use mechanical and electrical measuring equipment.
- Ability to install equipment and perform validation protocols following written procedures is essential.
COMMUNICATION & LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate experimental results orally and written.
- Ability to interact with team members and function at a level that will encourage and foster technical
- Ability to write clearly and effectively and to articulate scientific data in a laboratory notebook.
- Ability to communicate time requirements and specific needs to complete a series of experiments.
- Ability to review technical documentation and technical bulletins.
- Possible exposure to biohazards, flammables, carcinogenic materials. Possible exposure to unsafe
instrument operations. Possible exposure to thermal hazards such as solder irons, incubators, etc.
- Work shall require occasional international travel for training and support functions. Other functions shall include the maintenance of spare parts and the maintenance of laboratory equipment calibration procedures.