All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
We are looking for driven, talented Engineering Manager to join our growing Life Cycle Management (LCM) group. The LCM group works as an integral part of our Consumables Manufacturing process and is tasked with new product introduction and increasing quality and yield within our high volume production environments.
This individual will lead teams that provide technical leadership to new product introduction, production process development, improvement and sustaining efforts. Additionally, this person will partner cross-functionally with R & D, Quality, Finance, Production and other engineering groups to lead development of processes for new products and sustain and improve processes for existing products.
- Provide leadership and direction to the consumables Process Engineering team to accomplish all team goals and objectives.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees. Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment.
- Manage team development through training, coaching and career mapping. Develop personal growth opportunities.
- Lead continuous improvement and sustaining efforts for products and processes in support of cost and performance objectives.
- Lead, work on and guide teams to transfer manufacturing processes between manufacturing locations.
- Responsible for productive cross-site and cross-functional relationship between manufacturing sites.
- Represent Operations needs on development teams and other cross-functional teams. Execute on tech transfer activities with compliance to regulatory and quality system requirements.
- Lead, work on and guide cross-functional teams to ensure successful development, qualification and ramp up of new processes/products to production and enhance their robustness.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead, coach and mentor direct reports required.
- Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, IVD, medical device or semiconductor industries is desirable.
- Experience working in an ISO13485 or FDA certified environment is required.
- Experience in high-volume production in a high-tech consumables industry is a plus.
- Experience in production support or process development is required.
- Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques are required.
- High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
- Experience with product development processes and project management skills are required.
- Good interdepartmental communication, influence and documentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnical Engineering, or MS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry with at least 7 years of relevant experience and at least 2 years as a technical manager in a cGMP environment.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.