We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join a growing DNA team in San Francisco. You will work with a nimble team of software engineers, geneticists, and data scientists, to help shape the vision for DNA data processing, serving the rapidly growing consumer genomic data at AncestryDNA and AncestryHealth. You will be innovative, have demonstrated leadership skills, and will be able to tackle humongous scalability challenges. This will be a hands on role involving managing a team as well as writing code.
- You will own the strategy of how the DNA data processing is done and evolves
- You will create a highly technical, highly skilled team of talented individuals; recruit and mentor talent
- Build partnership throughout the engineering organization and beyond, and can effectively educate and influence others how to best utilize tools and processes in a fast paced environment
- Lead the DNA pipeline team in building the best technology solutions. Build automation and tooling to assist with compliance, alert on problems, and auto-remediate issues without manual involvement
- Provide enhancement and support for the tools and systems used by AncestryDNA systems. Investigate and implement efficient team responsibilities and work processes to meet objectives.