Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery.
Inscripta is looking for a driven, talented Engineer/Sr. Engineer who is interested in an exciting career growth opportunity within a company that is leading the next frontier of genome engineering. The Sequencing Operations Engineer will use proven engineering principles and best practices to develop products and processes, including implementation of process requirements and quality control practices, for procedures and instrumentation used in next generation sequencing. Working as a member of the Metrology team within Product Development, this engineer will partner with other engineers in R&D, Process Development, Operations and Quality in cross functional teams to enable new product introduction, process development, and process improvement.
- Develop processes for verification and quality control of next generation sequencing library preparation methods and sequencer runs.
- Support testing and translation of next generation sequencing methods with Biochemistry, Software and Automation teams.
- Work with Software and Automation Engineers to test and scale up methods and processes for production.
- Design, execute and report on controlled experiments to optimize process performance, improve and address reliability and quality issues, and drive implementation of robust procedures and solutions.
- Analyze process test results, prepare standardized reports and make technical recommendations and improvements based on data.
- Work cross-functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to develop requirements and performance indicators for next generation sequencing processes.
- Write standard operating procedures for sequencing operations; maintain sequencing operations documentation.
- Effectively organize and drive projects to achieve key milestones and deliverables on schedule, in matrixed, cross-functional teams.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communication to product development, operations and senior management teams.