Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
We are looking for a driven, talented Process Development Engineer to join our growing Life Cycle Management (LCM) group with a focus on new product introduction. The LCM group works as an integral part of our Consumables Manufacturing process and is tasked with introducing new products to manufacturing and increasing quality and yield within our high volume production environments.
Our team is hiring an experienced engineer to support new product design and transfer of sequencing application products. This individuals will provide technical leadership and be a member of core teams to aid in the design, process development, and transfer of new products to manufacturing. Additionally, this position will partner cross-functionally with R & D, Quality, Production, other departments, and external suppliers to develop processes for new products and sustain and improve processes for existing products
All About You
• Represent Operations needs on product development teams for genomic applications.
• Participate in process development, definition and improvement, and other activities in the making of consumable products.
• Lead and work on teams to develop and transfer robust new processes/products to production.
• Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions into a production environment to meet project goals.
• Analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical recommendations.
• Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to develop processes and lead design transfer to manufacturing for new products.
• Define technical requirements and write procedures for Production to process product.
• Determine strategy and work with external collaborators and suppliers.
• Troubleshoot new product process issues related to yield, quality and throughput.
• Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable.
• Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
• High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
• High level computer skills are required.
• Experience with product development processes, design transfer experience, and project management is a plus.
• Experience with biochemical processes preferred.
• Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control, DOE techniques, and critical parameter management is a plus.
• Experience with high volume production in a high tech, high volume consumables industry is a plus.
• Intermediate level programming knowledge is a plus.
• B.S./M.S./ PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering, Bioinformatics or MS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry, with at least 5 years of relevant experience in production support/sustaining and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation.
• Recent or near term college graduates are encouraged to apply.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf