All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
- Experiences in analytical chemistry in general, HPLC, LCMS, developing analytical testing method for oligonucleotides, enzymes, and liquid reagent consumables in general, clinical product analysis experience strongly preferred but not required, analytical testing method validation and transfer experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Collaborate with other scientists on development of functional and/or analytical QC methods for use in Reagent Manufacturing and experience in enzyme activity assay
- Work closely with Development teams to ensure QC processes for new products meet Manufacturing requirements
- Validate functional/analytical QC methods that are related to enzymes
- Select and qualify instrumentation and related software
- Define and establish process requirements (instruments; personnel; training, documentation, software; etc.)
- Provide technical leadership to support product and process development (including design, development, analysis, troubleshooting, etc).
- Plan and execute laboratory research
- Engage in collaborative research, work routinely with cross-function teams
- May oversee several QC/Research Associates
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated capability to develop QC methods for liquid reagents used in complex biological assays
- Expertise with at least several of the following techniques: HPLC, SEC, CE, GC, GC-MS, LC-MS, MALDI-TOF, SDS-PAGE, IEF
- Strong background in method qualification and transfer of QC processes into manufacturing
- Strong background in analytical characterization of enzymes, oligonucleotides
- Experience in a Regulated and/or GMP environment is a plus
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize activities
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Expertise with next-generation sequencing platforms a plus
- Experience with databases a plus
Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry with 0-2 years’ experience, Master with 3-5 year's experience, BS with 6+ year's experience.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.