Sema4, a health information company, is looking for biomedical software engineers to join Clinical Informatics team to build, experiment, operate and maintain the software and clinical electronic medical record (EMR) database infrastructure to meet the R&D needs. Our goal will be advancing novel diagnostics, therapeutics and insights into both diseases and wellness, with the aim to deliver clinical applications into practice and to feed the company and customers’ needs. We are developing innovative new features within and along side the frameworks and clinical applications utilized in the comprehensive big data domain. The right candidate will work with other software engineers, biostatisticians and data scientists within the Clinical Informatics team, and others in R&D including bioinformatics and data sciences teams in a multidisciplinary environment.
· Build and set up common data model of the clinical database infrastructure with OHDSI tools.
· Standardize the clinical vocabularies and define disease ontologies for the EMR system.
· Design and develop the reference range tools for lab measurements based on patient demographics.
· Develop tools and approaches for integrated “big data” analytics using various database sources including multi-omics data, imaging data and clinical documentations.
· Develop, operate and maintain software with the latest computing algorithms and tools in order to meet researchers’ needs.
· Work on Amazon Web Services (AWS) to configure new and existing software packages for security, performance, and maintainability
· Communicate with other team members and propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
· Experience with Linux/Unix systems.
· Background with biological or medical concepts is preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to pay careful attention to details.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.