EMEA Region Operations & Logistics Tactician
The Ops & Logistics Tactician role serves as a primary point of contact for internal and external partner teams (working within defined regions) to plan, develop, and deploy new logistics systems, platforms and processes to support global kit distribution and sample returns with further focus on cost efficiencies and optimizing turn-around time.
The tactician is expected to apply leadership, project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to ensure successful and profitable delivery of services defined in the global distribution support model as well as work to expand those services in a strategic relationship with partner vendors.
The tactician will be working alongside the rest of the Global Operations & Logistics teams (as well as other internal peer teams) to execute and manage the contracted scope of work, interact with all Operational Business Units to ensure alignment and execution of successful service delivery, and be the client service’s primary point of contact to drive proactive customer care. The tactician will provide effective and proactive communication and process enhancements to guide and support both internal and external customer stakeholders while leading assigned regions ensuring service delivery in meeting or exceeding team metrics, driving global expansion strategies and representing the voice of the Operations team within the Invitae business environment through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with Netherlands Distribution Center (NLDC) executing full suite of logistics services contracted.
- Build scale, excellent service and support enhancing the customer experience throughout the region.
- Lead change management process improvements and controls for global logistics business processes and growth.
- Ensure that daily import/export compliance and operations performance monitoring exceeds 98.5%.
- Work with logistics peer partners and leader to create and publish logistics supporting KPIs and performance reports.
- Responsible for project management for and execution of logistics process improvements as needed throughout the region.
- Develop and maintain global logistics SOPs/Work Instructions, shipping guides and regulatory needs.
- Build distribution customs playbook ensuring that every shipment type can be imported/exported preventing delays in kit flow and customer satisfaction issues.
- Closely monitor all internal and external industry trends adjusting operational needs as required.
- Liaise with regional C/S & CRM leaders regularly gathering insight to issues and opportunities, devising, executing and measuring resultant solutions.
- Understand, own and execute any other assigned duties as assigned by the Operations and Logistics Leader as required.
- Work closely with other regional leaders understanding the nuances of their regions, business requirements, execution and expected results making yourself knowledgeable and flexible to be additional resource as needed.
- Experience and working knowledge of comprehensive MRP/ERP/CRM systems a plus.
- Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional business conduct.