EMBL-EBI is a world-leader in archiving and disseminating 3D biomacromolecular and cellular structure data. The Cellular Structure & 3D Bioimaging team plays a key role in the dissemination of 3DEM data through the EMDB (emdb-empiar.org) and EMPIAR (empiar.org) public archives. We develop and provide advanced tools and web-resources for searching, analyzing and visualizing structural data for the benefit of structural biologists and the wider scientific community. The team consists of an international and inter-disciplinary mix of professionals (scientists and IT specialists) and we are looking to augment the team with a scientist who can help develop and improve the core infrastructure of EMDB and EMPIAR.
The post-holder will perform two functions:
The software infrastructure for the two archives is in constant need of improvement and maintenance and includes:
- the OneDep deposition and annotation system;
- EMDB and EMPIAR web services;
- processes for generating EM validation reports;
- quality assurance (QA) processes for the automated checking of archive content and EMDB/EMPIAR resources.
Data Content Curation and Improvement
The post holder will contribute to:
- the curation and QA of archive content;
- the monitoring and running of EMDB/EMPIAR production processes.