We are looking for an experienced and dynamic bioinformatician with strong interest and solid knowledge of semantic technologies in the life sciences to join ELIXIR as the technical lead for data management and interoperability.
Your main task would be to provide day-to-day project management and technical leadership for the ELIXIR Interoperability platform. You would work with partners in ELIXIR member states and our core data resources to ensure interoperable and long-term viable data and metadata management approaches within the ELIXIR infrastructure. This involves mapping current and emerging data management practices, interoperability services and standards. Working closely with and supporting our international scientific leadership team for data interoperability you would play a key role in the development of a long-term interoperability strategy and architecture for ELIXIR.
- Serve as technical project manager for the ELIXIR Interoperability platform: report on progress, delivery and risks. Manage communication and facilitate the coordination of services. Bring together services, developers and users to drive partnerships and user impact
- Oversee the development process and bring together the geographically distributed project partners to agree and implement shared technical strategies and standards
- In close partnership with the ELIXIR Interoperability platform executive committee, ELIXIR Services and ELIXIR Nodes organise communication and collaboration with the other ELIXIR platforms and users
- As appropriate Organise and lead workgroups to develop ELIXIR wide strategies and policies. Manage and maintain a structured discussion with relevant project partners and user communities
- Actively explore global collaborations such as BD2K, RDA, FORCE11 to ensure relevance of the ELIXIR standards framework
- Collaborate on data management with other research infrastructures, e-infrastructures, and with national and international research organisations
- Support the implementation of good data stewardship practice in the ELIXIR nodes
Actively participate in the international debate on long-term storage and publishing of research data, both nationally and internationally.