We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join the ELIXIR team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) located at the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK.
The main responsibility of the Technical project manager is to provide technical project management support during the development of a long-term strategy and plans for ELIXIR’s technical platforms. This is a 1-year post that will back-fill current resource shortages and provide additional capacity that is flexibly allocated to support our technical planning and implementation.
The Technical project manager will:
- Support the international scientific executive committee for ELIXIR’s platforms and provide day-to-day project management. The role will be flexibly deployed to meet current resource bottlenecks;
- Work within the team of ELIXIR Hub technical coordinators to manage communication and facilitate the coordination of services between ELIXIR’s Platforms;
- Document progress and impact by establishing and monitoring performance indicators;
- Ensure timely reporting on progress, delivery and risks for the platforms portfolio of technical integration projects and project deliverables;
- Plan communication and meetings, community outreach and maintain ELIXIR web/intranet pages related to the role;
- Proactively identify and agree improvement activities within areas of responsibility and, as agreed, leads and contribute to the continuous improvement of ELIXIR.
ELIXIR collaborates with other European research infrastructures to develop a professional Competency profile framework for research infrastructure managers and operators. The framework is currently in draft for consultation across European RI and it is expected that the role-holder will:
- Conduct the role professionally and with a high level of integrity demonstrating the RI Operator competency profile
- Actively support the implementation of the RI Operator competency profile and the incorporation of competency based objectives into annual planning.
As appropriate the Technical project manager, ELIXIR Platforms and services may also be required to support the coordination of bioinformatics resources within ELIXIR Nodes’ into our interoperable and sustained ELIXIR service platforms.