Pacific Biosciences is looking for an experienced Electrical Packaging Engineer ready to work on our exciting next generation biologically integrated semiconductor chip sequencing technology. This position will involve working in a fast moving cross-discipline and highly creative environment. Daily job activities will include designing and overseeing foundry assembly and packaging of integrated CMOS devices utilizing die level and die to wafer level bonding, bonding of injection molded plastic parts and ceramic substrates, wafer dicing, and wire bonding, all while having the unique opportunity of interfacing with a broad range of advanced scientists and engineers,
The ideal candidate is a highly mobile and adaptive forward thinking person able to take ownership of complex long range projects while executing on immediate short term deliverables. Key skills will include complex problem solving, team management, statistical design and analysis, excellent documentation skills, and excellent team interaction. Hands on experience CMOS packaging design, UV and thermal adhesives, die and wire bonding will make for a highly successful candidate.
This person will be responsible for ensuring high quality electrical packaging of integrated CMOS and fluidics products utilizing external foundry partners and for the improvement and ramp into high volume of said processes, tools, designs, and materials.
Key areas of focus are:
• Strong foundry/external manufacturing management experience.
• Integration of a standard CMOS component with injection molded plastics utilizing both standard and custom packaging techniques
• UV, thermal adhesive and encapsulant material evaluation, selection, and dispense/cure process development and improvement
• Wafer to wafer bonding, die attach with component tracking and traceability
• Wedge wirebonding experience
• Packaging assembly metrology Program development and data collection using Visual CMM
• Pro-active assessment of risks/failure modes and crisp ownership of excursions
• Roadmapping and implementation of CIP projects to effect positive change in cost/quality/cycle time/functional performance
• Design and implementation of manufacturing systems and documentation for clean transfer into production environment
• Strong documentation skill including qualification plan, work instuctions, technician training
• Application of SPC/FMEA based approach to production line/data and system development to insure highly effective but low overhead approach to process capability monitoring
• Detail oriented data collection and analysis to enable tool and process validations
• Ability to interface with and lead integrated teams involving manufacturing and R&D
• Development of experiments and methods to identify key relationships between inline parametric data and product functional performance.
This person will work very closely with external manufacturing partners and will represent the company for specific product lines.