As part of Cepheid’s Instrument Research group, the Electrical Design Engineer I will work within a highly talented, multi-disciplinary team to create the designs that will become Cepheid's future products.
You will work with a team comprised of electrical, mechanical, software and optical engineers to produce molecular diagnostic systems that will be commericalized to become key products in Cepheid's portfolio.
- Your primary responsibility will be board design, layout, and debug.
- You will also contribute to key aspects of Cepheid’s next generation of products.
- Work with system a diverse engineering team to create solutions in the following areas:
- high speed data handling
- motion control
- signal conditioning and processing
- thermal control
- Participate in discussions regarding system level architecture design and implementation
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (or an equivalent technical discipline). Or, equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Electrical engineering background in microprocessor based, mixed signal embedded systems, ADC/DAC control, sensor signal conditioning using op-amps, and motor control.
- Fast learner, self-motivated, willing to work outside the job description.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.