The Division Controller is responsible for performing and managing the accounting and internal control functions for Vector Laboratories, located in Burlingame, CA, a business unit of Maravai Life Sciences. This position is also required to support the accounting and internal control functions for other Maravai Business Units. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
This individual reports operational results under GAAP, ensures internal control compliance, provides detailed financial analysis and advice to business leadership, and assesses line of business operating results in terms of costs, budgets, forecast, operating policies, trends and improved profit opportunities.
Founded in 1976, Vector Labs has led the market for labeling and detection products used by researchers in immunohistochemistry and adjacent segments. Vector Labs was acquired by Maravai Life Sciences in April 2016. Maravai’s mission is to build a transformative life sciences product company by acquiring outstanding businesses and accelerating their growth.
- Provides day-to-day accounting leadership of transactions, policies, controls, and procedures
- Ensures accurate and complete financial records and reporting, in compliance with legal requirements and US GAAP standards.
- Lead, review, train and mentor staff accountant and other accounting and admin staff responsible for accounts payable, expense reports, payroll, sales commissions, sales order entry, invoicing, revenue recognition, collections, fixed assets and bank reconciliations.
- Support sales team in preparation of customer proposals, customer requirements for set-up and compliance with their PO and invoice submission systems.
- Deliver budget variance analysis and other management reports. Work with departmental managers and leads to review and forecast expenses and headcount.
- Perform technical research and document key accounting policies.
- Responsible for timely month-end close and financial reporting
- Manage income tax compliance for federal and state and sales and use tax reporting and filing.
- Identify and lead reporting improvements to systems, processes, and internal controls.
- Responsible for periodic financial audits and relationships with external auditors
- Cash management
- Other projects and tasks, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA desired
- 8 years of relevant professional experience. Public accounting and industry. Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, reporting and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization. High personal integrity and strong work ethic. Excellent writing/documentation skills.
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite, Sage and Quickbooks preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines