Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with significant unmet needs. Working together, we blend the best of our talents to deliver thoughtful solutions that patients value. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To enhance the Diversity and Inclusion cultural journey at UCB in the US, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Diversity and Inclusion Lead.
As a US D&I Lead, you will accelerate the D&I cultural transformation of UCB US and to drive success of Employees Resources Groups representing diverse community group. The US D&I lead will help focus the different stakeholders and actions to take and generate the right momentum to accelerate the cultural change. The US D&I lead will be supported by US Leadership team and maintain a clear link with UCB global D&I priorities; as reflected in a double reported line to the President of the US and the Global Head of D&I.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Create D&I roadmap strategic execution - In line with Global D&I strategy, define and drive the D&I roadmap for the US. Define and drive the execution of short term/bold actions and mid-long-term roadmap. Ensure global D&I actions are appropriately rolled out in line with local priorities
- Accelerate the ERG grassroot print and impact - Support and work hand in hand with the Employee Resources Groups, to gather insights, get feedback that gets embedded in the US D&I roadmap. Ensure all the insights and feedback gathered are consistent with the overall US D&I strategy and plan. Elevate the equity for all minorities, courageously tackling mindset and systemic issues. Actively support the building of the Global D&I Community and robust execution of the ERG guidance
- Build and enhance the US D&I Network - Ensures local best practices are shared with global D&I on a regular basis. Involves all the appropriate stakeholders across UCB sites in the US (D&I council, ERGs, Emerging Leaders, grassroot groups…) and gathers insights and feedback on a regular basis. Adjusts the US D&I roadmap based on these insights. In partnership with US communication, define and drive the D&I internal and external communication plan (with regular US communications). Is an ad hoc member and involves USLT for decision making
You will contribute by:
- Being a D& I Expert- Bringing a strong voice for D&I in the broader industry community, engaging regularly with internal and external networks to share, learn and seek opportunities to break convention. Passionate leader, embarking UCB US organization to fully embrace D&I. Continuing to grow the Employee Resource Group (ERG) strategy and provide leadership and support to empower and strengthen our internal communities
- Being a strategic executor – Shaping D&I strategies, thinking and dive down in execution with rigor. Considering ‘Glocal’ approach while driving local roadmap to ensure global consistency and alignment. Ensuring excellence in D&I operationalization, managing multiple projects on all front at the same time
- Being a Builder - Coordinating and converging internal and external efforts, keeping the focus while balancing short-term with longer-term progress. Pulling in resources and mobilizing network to accelerate D&I journey. Champion, monitor, measure and report on progress on actions
- Being a Inclusive leader - Leading by influence – with empathy and authenticity With an inclusive and growth mindset, embracing challenges with a positive tone, an eye for solutions and an energy for springing into action. Inspirational though leader- leveraging the passion to care for people and driving engagement
- Being A Orchestrator- Coaching, consulting, providing strategic input to leaders, helping them in developing business specific D&I strategies, plans and outcomes. Connecting and partnering with key stakeholders such as D&I network, Talent and learning partners, business partner in embedding D&I across the organization. As a change agent, influencing the organization on matters of diversity and inclusion