We are looking for a District Sales Manager to lead our growing team in the Western/Eastern United States. This role will report to the Director of Sales for the Americas and manage a team of Sales Executives with approximately 4-6 reports. S/he will be responsible for leading the execution of 10X Genomics commercial strategies, ensuring budgeted annual sales and profit objectives are met within designated territories and for the district overall.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute and monitor the district business plan to meet assigned revenue and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the direction, support and motivation of the district sales team to meet agreed targets and objectives.
- Routinely forecast, monitor, and control selling and other expenses for the district within assigned expense budgets
- Routinely and accurately forecast customer demand (i.e., product quantities and dollars, orders, shipments)
- To drive a high level of interaction and engagement between other departments (e.g., Marketing, Technical Support) and local sales team & staff to ensure coordination of activities and alignment on common goals
- Talent Acquisition - Responsible for resource planning, recruitment, and hire of resource to support forecasted sales targets
- Talent Development activities to ensure that the sales team has the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Performance Management - setting performance standards, setting realistic job goals, conducting performance appraisals, and disciplinary action
- Create a sense of urgency and drive accountability within the regional team to meet both financial and strategic goals.
- Responsible for ensuring utilization and compliance in accordance with departmental policies and practices for Salesforce.com (SFDC)