Biosciences District Sales Manager - Maryland/DC
The Biosciences District Manager position is a field-based management job accountable for the sales results and the people leadership of sales representatives in the MD/DC area for academic, pharmaceutical and biotech segments including the NIH/government accounts, Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland, and various other accounts. This position is responsible for leading business processes and managing the resources associated with the Biosciences portfolio. Incumbents in this position are accountable to Commercial Operations leadership for: achieving agreed upon sales and financial targets with demonstrated business analysis and forecasting rigor, establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with key customer executives, insuring effective sales and service coverage and proper quota allocation in their assigned geographic market, attracting and retaining highly qualified Account Managers to realize growth opportunities available in the assigned market and, providing service to customers consistent with Life Science Solutions Group standards and expectations.
- Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking about the business, developing actionable business plans and demonstrating to district team members how to achieve those plans.
- Directs the implementation of the business plan across the district to meet objectives successful introduction of new products, and the retention and growth of current customers.
- Consistently monitors results of sales team in the district to provide accurate sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Oversees contracts/proposals/quotations within Thermo Fisher Scientific Guidelines. Approves competitive pricing as needed to maintain and grow the business and increase margin with guidance from Senior Sales Management or Commercial Operations Finance department
- Successfully attracts, develops, and retains highly qualified Sales professionals that contribute to the success of Biosciences.
- Regularly monitors customer’s needs and Biosciences product offerings to ensure needs are understood by team members and key Life Science Solutions Group departments and, appropriate levels of service and responsiveness are provided to accounts.