NanoString Technologies is seeking a Distributor Sales Manager for the Asia Pacific Region. The DSM will be accountable for revenue generation in the territory by overseeing and working with our distribution partners throughout all aspects of the sales process. In addition to ownership of the regional distribution sales targets, the DSM will be responsible for new product and ongoing training of the distributors, sales forecasting (instrumentation, consumable, services), and ongoing evaluation of our sales channel efficiency. The DSM will work very closely with the Field Applications Scientists, as well as Management, to leverage and develop key distributor and customer relationships. Must have an ability and willingness to travel throughout the region regularly, and to the US (for conferences, company meetings, etc...) Position may include some direct sales responsibility, now or in the future.
- Oversee distributor relationships throughout the assigned territory.
- Work with our distribution partners to develop cohesive tactical and strategic sales plans in order to meet or exceed sales targets
- Work with Senior Management to evaluate sales channel efficiency throughout the region on an ongoing basis and make changes where appropriate
- Oversee new distributor onboarding as well as ongoing training for existing partners
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities to management team through our CRM and other means
- Conduct sales calls, seminars, workshops, and presentations for current and potential customers throughout the region in partnership with our distributors
- Work actively with Technical Support and Field Applications to ensure customer satisfaction
- Represent NanoString at regional scientific conferences
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure training on and adoption of new products and applications throughout the region