All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
As a leader in BioTech big data, we are changing the health future of the world. Our mission through genomic analysis is to enable discovery of new therapies and help to deliver precision healthcare tuned directly to the individual. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in in realizing this mission, to improve health outcomes globally.
Our operations team is looking for a talented Disaster Recovery Engineer to help us strengthen our world-class business. As a valued team member of DevOps, you will lead the daily activities for ensuring the availability of our systems and customer data.
You will be collaborating closely with DevOps, Engineering, and Products to catalog information and infrastructures resources to define, develop automation, and maintain disaster recovery plans and capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be organized, methodical, highly driven, adaptable, and results oriented. A successful candidate will have experience on Linux environments in AWS and/or on premise production infrastructure.
The opportunity for you is to grow your skills in modern technologies that include multi-petabyte big data systems, Elastic Search, micro-services, Docker, and more, on AWS while contributing to our mission to improve human health globally through understanding of the human genome.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyzes business requirements to prioritize, design and facilitate appropriate disaster recovery strategies for the organization.
- Collaborates with rest of DevOps to develop, implement and maintain technical policies, processes and procedures to ensure continued operation in the event of interruptions or disaster.
- Supports all activities related to disaster recovery processes, including recovery, continuity planning, recovery support, and distributed systems recovery.
- Tests new disaster recovery policies and procedures and identifies any existing policies and procedures needing revision or retirement.
- Works in an Agile environment with multiple organizations across time zones.
- BS in Computer Science/Equivalent Degree or related experience.
- Experience with Production SAAS.
- 3-7 years DevOps or Linux admin experience.
- Work well in a very fast-pace environment.
- Familiarity with disaster recovery requirements derived from HIPAA and ISO 27001.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient and skilled team player to deliver combined results.
- Programming and/or various scripting skills (used in automation)
- Good understanding of networking.
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly and rapidly deep-dive
- A strong preference for collaborative teamwork and work/knowledge sharing.
- Experience developing disaster recovery policies and procedures for hosted, and cloud based applications including current technologies such as AWS solutions, RDS, Elastic Search, and Ansible.
- Previous experience managing ongoing testing of disaster recovery procedures.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to gather requirements and execute strategies.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.