Under the leadership of the Senior VP of Corporate and Business Development and as a key member of the Corporate and Business Development team, your primary responsibilities will be to:
1) Working with members of the cross-functional team, develop the strategic plan to enter and expand new business opportunities within disease areas of interest (i.e. hematology and/or solid tumors),
2) Drive business development process with biopharmaceutical companies for companion diagnostic and R&D collaborations, and related enabling collaborations and
3) Oversee and manage key strategic collaborations. This role will include all aspects of developing the strategy, and prospecting, evaluating, conducting diligence, transacting and implementing business and collaboration opportunities for NanoString.
You will work closely with cross functional partners and the executive management team to advance initiatives to support the corporate vision and goals.
- In conjunction with team, develop the strategic plan to enter and expand new business opportunities within disease area franchises (i.e. hematology and/or solid tumors).
- Be disease area knowledge owner by understanding the disease biology, influential KOLs, treatment paradigm, new and emerging diagnostics and new and emerging therapeutics.
- Identify, develop and nurture scientific and business relationships within academia, biopharmaceutical companies and other stakeholders.
- In conjunction with evaluation team, prioritize and license best-in-class content as basis for new diagnostic assays within the disease area franchise(s).
- Enter value-creating companion diagnostic and R&D collaborations with premiere biopharmaceutical companies by applying best-practices across the business development process including:
- Discover and prioritize potential collaboration opportunities with biopharmaceutical companies by actively prospecting, collaborating with cross-functional partners and leveraging your network.
- Oversee and conduct robust analysis and due diligence to uncover and advance the highest potential opportunities.
- Construct innovative, value-creating “win-win” deals to meet strategic and financial goals, and effectively negotiate successful outcomes.
- Develop and champion the business case and strategic rationale with the Executive Management team and Board of Directors.
- Take a leadership role in driving near-term implementation of the disease area strategy and strategic collaboration(s) and ultimately transition to the commercial team including:
- Lead early strategic, relationship management and operational activities in conjunction with cross functional partners.
- Gain alignment within all internal stakeholders as project advances to ensure proper integration into company systems.
- Partner with commercial team to assure a smooth transfer of project
- Be a proactive and inspirational advocate for NanoString. Develop compelling presentations to effectively open doors and energize potential partners.
- Core contributor to Corporate & Business Development team to ensure individual and departmental goals are achieved by providing leadership, team support and driving other key initiatives.