We are seeking a Director of Translational R&D with significant experience in translational therapeutic research and development leading to novel clinical candidates. The ideal candidate will have experience across the drug R&D spectrum and include therapeutic monoclonal antibody (mAb) research and development experience such as generating and screening mAb libraries, characterizing mAb structure and function, determining mAb mechanisms of action and developing mAb drug candidates. The candidate is expected to be up-to-date on advanced technologies for antibody discovery and actively apply new concepts as appropriate to continuously improve functional area capabilities. The candidate will take a leading role in establishing therapeutic application strategy, identifying and verifying novel drug targets, developing therapeutic mAb and other clinical candidate assets and execution of the overall strategic plan. The candidate will be expected to play a hands-on role in execution and work efficiently with cross-functional teams.
- Lead team of professionals developing Immunosignature technology drug discovery and development applications.
- Define programmatic therapeutic strategic goals, develop detailed plans to achieve goals and be responsible for plan execution
- Develop mAb characterization applications and demonstrate utility via novel mAb discovery and development projects
- Guide efforts toward furthering the application of the Immunosignature technology to identify novel disease related therapeutic targets
- Demonstrate ability of the Immunosignature technology to deliver novel biological modulators/drug leads
- Execute internal and partner sponsored therapeutic technology application projects
- Lead efforts to develop methods for translating Immunosignature binding data to mAb specificity, antigen identification and epitope mapping
- Participate in cross-functional workflows and provide scientific guidance to teams
- Thoroughly analyze results and methods, solve technical challenges, propose and develop new applications
- Prepare and review standard operating procedures, method development reports, and scientific journal publications and presentations.
- Write, edit, and review project proposals and reports for clients
- Interact with therapeutic program partners as needed
- Present scientific findings at internal and external meetings