Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for a Director of Software Development to join our Agilent Cross Lab Services R&D Group!
The Software Development Director function is a crucial enabler for overall business success. The primary accountability is to lead the R&D of digital services and laboratory management software solutions.
You will acquire and lead effective technical teams while positioning them to execute on a solution roadmap crafted by the group business teams!
- Build R&D resource plans and advise those resources for ACG Services software projects.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other internal organizations, functions and, customers as needed
- Work with ACG marketing teams for insight on future customer needs
- Build plans to optimize design and development process development for quality and efficiency
- Lead the identification and development of key SW technology projects with the architectural team
- Engage in IT partnerships on common architectures and designs
- Lead other key business projects to meet overall project objectives and goals
- Track key project expenses to ensure desired financial outcomes are achieved
- Provide counsel to executive and senior managers to achieve optimal results
This is a remote position.