Dovetail is looking to expand our team and is in need of Director of Software Engineering. Reporting to the SVP of R&D, this position will interface with all levels of the organization, including the executive team and the Scientific Advisory Board members. We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic, creative, resourceful, and independent leader who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
Role & Responsibilities:
Dovetail Genomics Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for directing and leading all aspects of Software development for the company’s products and services. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with Management team to establish and drive a winning, long-term software vision for the company
- Build a professional, world-class software engineering capability, including establishing innovative best in class software development processes that consistently produce high-quality software products and services
- Direct and oversee the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software tools and infrastructure needed to support the business growth.
- Build out the software team, and recruit the very best
- Ensure the software team provides critical software support and leadership to R&D teams for new product development
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the SW Engineering function and develop budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.