We are looking for an experienced manager that can combine strong operational management skills with technical leadership within product development, to oversee and develop the Production, Logistics and Product Development functions based at the Fulbourn site. We anticipate a high level of collaborative ability with colleagues in the US, requiring travel to other Illumina sites.
Key Deliverables for this role:
- Leadership and management of the Assay Development Group to meet key program deliverables
- Operational leadership of the Production teams and associated functions to meet targets
- Development of programs, people and technology to support future growth
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the leadership, management and professional development of the assay development and operations groups
- Develop and direct critical assay development and scientific research strategies with the development team
- Develop and directs local consumables manufacturing, quality control, supply chain, warehousing and logistics with the manufacturing and supply chain team
- Assist in the development and delivery of product and tecnhology strategies for the business unit
- Collaborates with leadership company-wide to facilitate execution of research, development and operational strategies and activities
- Collaborate company-wide on development and implementation of global business processes and systems
- Use expert experience to make judgements on and solve complex organizational, technical and operational challenges
- Responsible for budget, resource and infrastructure development and maintenance
- Reporting of project and organizational data to site and senior management
- Management of internal and external stakeholders
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
This role would suit an experienced scientist who has hands-on proven exposure to a fast paced industrial R&D environment. The ideal candidate will be able to balance the technical, operation and people management demands of the role to ensure that the Development function at Illumina RGH maintains its excellent record of success and continues to deliver exciting and innovative products to the reproductive health markets.