We currently have an opening for a Director/ Senior Director Eczema Franchise Lead, Medical Strategy and Scientific Affairs, in our Madison NJ office.
The Director/ Sr. Director, Eczema Franchise Lead, Medical Strategy and Scientific Affairs will be responsible for the development of US medical strategy and tactics for compounds in development for Atopic Dermatitis, Chronic Hand Eczema and future development opportunities. The individual will provide medical/scientific strategic and operational expertise for core scientific affairs activities such as scientific data generation and communication, competitive landscape analysis, utilization of insights, establishing Key Opinion Leader map and drive interactions. He/she will provide leadership, oversight, and support as a cross-functional medical team lead, will collaborate with commercial team to provide medical input into commercial strategies, and will collaborate with Global medical teams to ensure successful US development and commercialization of eczema compounds.
This role is expected to offer leadership and direction to the future corresponding Franchise Scientific Affairs project manager, and potentially to US publication lead.
Role and responsibilities:
· Acquires, maintains and expands knowledge and expertise in relevant medical-scientific areas in dermatology
· Develops US Medical Strategy and tactics for compounds in development for Atopic Dermatitis, Chronic Hand Eczema and future opportunities
· Provides medical/scientific strategic and operational expertise for core scientific affairs activities such as scientific data generation and communication, competitive landscape analysis, utilization of insights, establishing Key Opinion Leader map and drive interactions
· Provides medical input to strategic plans such as lifecycle plans, strategic launch plans, brand plans and global business plans
· Participates in publication planning throughout the product lifecycle (including manuscripts, congress abstracts, symposium presentations and poster presentations) in collaboration with both local and global teams
· Expert reviewer of all documents requiring medical input including but not limited to proposals, protocols, manuscripts, posters and standard response letters
· Contributes, through medical expertise, to any appropriate external action with regulatory, pharmacovigilance, health economics, etc.
· Initiates, organizes and facilitates US medical advisory boards
· Presents medical data at both internal and external meetings and training courses
· Training of internal and external stakeholders
· Acquires and informs organization on competitive intelligence
· Sits on the Legal Medical Review Committee and is responsible for the medical review of the materials
· Provides expertise to support Leo Pharma’s patient-centric approach, contributes to identification and investigation of unmet patients’ needs
· Identifies U.S. medical marketing needs, gaps and assists in establishing or strengthening scientific affairs activities
· Ensures medical communication and interaction with external partners is appropriate
· Accountable for planning of scientific affairs activities and manage assigned budget
· Completes all company-based and job-related training as assigned by LEO Pharma within the required timeline
· Deputize for the Head, MS&SA as required
· Identifies internal training needs, coordinates induction, mentoring and training
· Additional duties as assigned by LEO Pharma Management
· Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, within the pharmaceutical industry and/or in clinical research
· Medical degree required, experience in dermatology preferred
· Good business/commercial understanding
· Track record of collaboration with commercial, legal, regulatory and medical communications
· Excellent understanding of the clinical development programs including compliance and regulatory requirements
· Leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment
· Strong goal orientation, an ability to make decisions and a history of meeting deadlines and objectives
· Experience with facilitating medical advisory boards
· Experience in managing Key Opinion Leader relationships
· Experience with publication planning
· Skilled in developing, reviewing, understanding, and presenting clinical and scientific information to multiple audiences
· Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
· Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international
An Equal Opportunity Employer