Director of Scientific Affairs, Focus Diagnostics
As part of the Quest Diagnostics family, Focus Diagnostics, Inc. is committed to providing proven and reliable products its customers have grown accustomed to throughout the years. Since its founding in 1978, Focus Diagnostics has grown its business from specialized laboratory testing to manufacturing its high-quality laboratory tests for hospitals and commercial laboratories worldwide. These manufactured tests are built in response to diagnostic testing trends identified and evaluated by Focus Diagnostics and used in Quest Diagnostics’ national laboratories.
We are currently seeking a Director of Scientific Affairs with experience in infectious diseases and/or the IVD industry. Based in Cypress, CA, the Director will have responsibility for directing the operations of the Field Application Scientist staff, as well as communications and collaborations relevant to scientific issues pertaining to the use of Focus Dx products.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Provide scientific/technical assistance to Sales and Marketing teams and present data at scientific meetings/conferences.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of scientific/clinical data and literature related to relevant company and competitor products and disease areas, and effectively transfer appropriate clinical/scientific information to key company personnel and external customers for business-related or educational purposes.
- Play a key role in the identification of investigators and other opinion leaders and in building and maintaining relationships with them.
- Manage the Field Application Scientist team and ensure that systems are correctly installed, users are appropriately trained, service interruptions are minimized and new menu items are appropriately presented.
- Speak at customer meetings and national meetings on behalf of Focus Dx. Capable of communicating clearly to a variety of audiences including international customers.
- Analyze, interpret and report on customer trends and develop programs that address stakeholder needs and concerns.
- Collaborate with R & D team to ensure Field Application Scientists are technically up to date with new and existing products.
- Together with R&D, Marketing and Clinical Affairs, develop and implement a publication strategy as well as scientific and educational programs and communications.
- Train and develop a skilled group of Field Application Scientists that interface with customers on a regular basis. Also may train customers on technical issues including visiting clients at their sites.
- Travel up to 40%, some international.