At Affymetrix, we are passionate about enabling our customers, scientists, and clinicians to improve human health and wellness by understanding and applying biology for a better world. Our employees bring talent, creativity, collaboration, and energy to what they do. Join us at Affymetrix and make a difference.
The candidate will lead a team of scientists to develop ISH based assay applications for single molecule detection in individual cells using branched DNA signal amplification. The candidate should have extensive experiences in the areas of clinical research, laboratory automation, cancer biomarker validation and/or molecular pathology. He/she should have excellent presentation and technical writing skills to clearly communicate the essential applications of the novel bDNA ISH based assay in major conferences, strategic customers and opinion leaders. His/her responsibilities shall include the management of an assay development and automation application development team for bDNA ISH based assay, technical editing of marketing/sales materials and presenting at major conferences and large pharmaceutical accounts and core facilities.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Extensive experience in solid tumor clinical research, biomarker validation, and/or translational medicine
* Extensive experience in anatomical pathology and molecular pathology
* Experience in migration of assays to clinical and RUO automated laboratory systems, particularly automated tissue stainers
* Knowledge of biological mechanisms involved in lung, breast, prostate, melanoma and other solid and blood based cancers is highly preferred
* Strong oral- and written communication skills and the ability to work independently in a team environment is a must
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, leadership, management and organization skills
* The candidate is self-motivated, reliable, accountable and conscientious in meeting timelines
* Ph.D (or equivalent), post-doctoral training, and experience or clinical laboratory experience in automation
* Experience in IHC, ISH or molecular assay development
* Frequent presenter in major conferences and writer of technical reviews are highly desire
Affymetrix, Inc., (NASDAQ:AFFX) is a pioneer in creating breakthrough tools that are driving the genomic revolution. We provide leadership and support, partnering with customers in pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as leading academic, government, and non-profit research institutes in their quest to use biology for a better world. More than 2,300 microarray systems have been shipped around the world, and more than 94,000 publications have referenced Affymetrix technologies. Affymetrix is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has manufacturing facilities in Cleveland, Ohio, San Diego, California, Singapore, and Vienna, Austria. We have approximately 1,100 employees worldwide and maintain sales and distribution operations across Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment and are committed to supporting their aspirations and achievements. We recognize that our strength and competitive advantage lie within providing meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking, and work-life balance. Our competitive total rewards programs (e.g., compensation, benefits, development, etc.) reflect our high regard for our employees. For more information about Affymetrix, please visit www.affymetrix.com.
Affymetrix is an EEO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity