Pacific Biosciences seeks a Director level manager with a strong molecular biology background to lead the Sample Preparation team.
The successful candidate will build and lead a team of talented scientists responsible for the development of the core front-end sample preparation products for the Pacific Biosciences SMRT™ (single molecule, real-time) sequencing platforms. The primary objectives of the team are to develop highly scalable, user-friendly, products and protocols that increase system throughput. A strong working knowledge of genomic DNA extraction, industry-standard sample prep practices (NGS), and sequencing applications is essential. This position requires directly interfacing with the Commercial Teams, including Marketing and Product Management, as well as participation in multidisciplinary core teams on a regular basis. Other responsibilities will include managing third party co-development programs. Prior relevant industry leadership and personnel management experience is required. Strategic planning and roadmap definition experience is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced and energetic environment, interacting with scientists and engineers with diverse backgrounds.
- Build and lead a world class team of scientists and research associates
- Bring a wealth of NGS sample preparation and applications knowledge
- Improve Pacific Biosciences SMRT™ sequencing sample preparation products
- Work with the Commercial teams to define product roadmaps and prioritize projects
- Detailed project planning
- Present program/project updates to senior management
- Analyze, interpret, and troubleshoot experimental results
- Novel sequencing applications R&D