Expand the PCR Revolution and lead the Company’s research functions for infectious disease assays including the assessment of new technologies, the conduct of research and early development, the transfer of programs to development and future successful commercialization under Design Control. Provide support for Infectious Disease Commercial Life Cycle teams (e.g. Blood Screening, Virology, Microbiology, Point of Care) regarding unmet clinical needs, product/portfolio strategy, technology and assay design concepts.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic research plan and priorities for Infectious Diseases.
- Design and implement the research plan, experimental design and execution, and analysis and interpretation of data.
- Present new Research project proposals to the Research Portfolio Committee for review and approval
- Communicate and collaborate with other Research Departments including Chemistry and Innovation Technologies, Program in Core Research, and Bioinformatics.
- Communicate with various international and domestic sites of Roche Molecular Diagnostics organization (eg Rotkreutz Development and Branchburg Operations facilities).
- Maintain close connections/communications with Development.
- Ensure the proper transfer of projects/programs to Development within the RMD Design Control Process.
- Assess external technology(ies) and integration into the Company’s proprietary/intellectual properties. Also, manage and safeguard the Company’s intellectual properties.
- Provide oversight for the RMS Culture Collection organization and it’s support for all R&D teams, as well as the Global Surveillance program.
- Lead by example, taking a genuine interest in people, listening carefully and telling the truth, and discovering the potential in people
- Build and maintain an effective organization; promote a high performance environment, ensuring that projects are appropriately staffed and employees are properly trained, and empowering and trusting people to make decisions..
- Ensure budget, staffing and other corporate/program goals are met.
- Drive for a leadership position in Infectious Disease Diagnostics for existing assays as well as for new diagnostic targets.
- Serve as Lifecycle Team (LCT) Core Team representative from Research for at least one LCT