The Director, Product Management will manage the creation and portfolio of Twist Bioscience products. The role includes responsibility for establishing long-term platform strategy, meeting plan revenue and profitability targets, price-setting/margin strategies, long and short-term forecasting and supply chain management, providing up-to-date product content/information and supporting customer relationship efforts.
Additionally, the role includes determining novel, innovative and overall better ways to solve customer problems and providing leadership in the development and delivery of cutting-edge products and solutions that meet customer needs.
The role includes leading opportunity identification, platform, and product definition and working with Sales and Marketing to ensure effective portfolio positioning and successful launches into the marketplace.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Identifies, analyzes, and articulates market insight, customer needs, buying preferences, and value proposition for target segments that drive successful development and delivery of products and services.
- Collaborates in the development of long-term portfolio planning and develops strategic price-setting strategies and long-term platform and product roadmap for platform and product development.
- Leverages Twist scientific product strengths to drive technology investment choices, platform/product development options, and strategic pricing for category success.
- Drives development of product and platform roadmaps that successfully merge customer needs (articulated and latent), customer requirements with technology developments for category success.
- Sizes market opportunities and profit pools for new product development.
- Provides valuable insight to the product generation process and ensures successful preparation of products for launch into the marketplace
- Produces comprehensive, effective and actionable product plans.
- Utilizes customer and competitive knowledge to drive differentiated product positioning for a product line or platform and smooth transition of new product in the in-market portfolio.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- BSc in Life Sciences; higher degree in science, marketing or business management.
- 5+ years Product Management experience in the life sciences
- Direct line management experience in a product management or product marketing role
- Strong understanding of next generation sequencing technologies and/or the synthetic biology sector including market drivers and customer needs.
- Successful track record of achieving results through and in collaboration with others.
- Proficient in understanding, analyzing and summarizing comprehensive and complex technical, financial, market and research information/data.
- Excellent analytical, communications—both oral and written, and project management skills
- PhD and/or MBA is a plus
- Experience in DNA molecular biology-based techniques
- Experience of working with DNA synthesis