Director of Product Management
Are you interested in the intersection of genomics, bioinformatics and big data?
Bina is looking for a talented Director of Product Management who will drive the vision and execution for the Bina Genomic Management System. This position is perfect for an experienced professional with balanced technical acumen and user orientation, who is looking for a fast-paced opportunity with a rapidly growing big data genomics company.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in developing winning product roadmaps, and ability to lead teams to bring new product capabilities to market.
You will be both a strategic thought leader who can drive the future product vision as well as a hands on product manager who can interface with engineering on critical deliverables.
How you will spend your time:
- Champion a customer-centric approach to product and services definition and development. Define long-term product vision and translate that into concrete, tangible use case scenarios and product plans.
- Analyze the marketplace, customers, and competitors to determine the right use case scenarios and product features for inclusion into product roadmap.
- Translate customer needs into functional and technical product requirements used by engineering for development; direct work of others and individually contribute to requirement and specification definition.
- Interactively question and debate approaches with engineering specific to building/extending functionality product suite.
- Drive and build consensus for the product strategy and roadmap amongst the various internal cross functional teams in the organization.
- Provide product leadership and rally an Agile development team to ship high quality products under aggressive schedules.
- Build a high performing team and mentor other product managers.
- Support product marketing go-to-market initiatives and strategies by providing deep product expertise and support.
Guiding the work of the individual Product Managers including:
- Prioritizing work across initiatives while instilling a feeling of ownership and empowerment within the team.
- Coaching and mentoring employees on best practices of Product Management (writing specifications, focusing on the important features and functionality, driving towards the vision of the roadmap).
- Ensuring that personal and professional goals are established and met within the individual team members and team as a whole.
- Acting as a member of the team alongside direct reports team spirit of management in which individual contribution by the Director is both expected for work completion and modeling work ethic and work quality to the team.
- Advocate and contribute to product vision and definition with the ability to sell ideas internally and foster ownership within Executive Management, Sales, Product and Development teams.
Experience and skills you will need:
- 10+ years managing enterprise software products, from development through launch with 2+ years of experience as a director with direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field, with high academic achievement.
- Interest in the intersection of computer science, bioinformatics and genetics.
- Significant experience in leading product strategy and roadmap development for enterprise software solutions.
- Ability and willingness to roll up the sleeves and get things done.
- Excellent communications skills, with experience communicating across groups with varying degrees of technical background.
We code to cure!
At Bina, we have a passion for improving lives by accelerating the science of personalized medicine. This is where Life Science meets Computer Science.
The science of interpreting the genome is an exciting work in progress. Next-generation sequencing and genomic measurement technologies are providing us with unprecedented visibility into the origins of health and disease. However, the main challenge is enabling the analysis and management of massive datasets being produced by scientists and researchers around the world.
At Bina, we are dedicated to tackling this challenge every day. We know the ability to analyze and manage these datasets will revolutionize how we diagnose disease, develop drugs, prevent ailments, and treat patients, especially in complex cases such as cancer.
Patient example (#code2cure slide deck and field guide)
Our software systems and algorithms empower scientists and clinical researchers to analyze a whole genome in a few hours instead of waiting weeks for results. Bina’s products provide the fastest time to result and the highest throughput in the industry. With best-in-class algorithms, our software provides the most accurate sequencing analysis available. We are speeding up analysis and quality of insights from genomic information and doing our part to bring us all one step closer to the solutions that will change and save lives.
Why work with us?
Because you have worked hard to master your craft but you still aren’t satisfied with your own best efforts. You want to do more and make your dent in this world. You are relentless in the pursuit of excellence and you are ready to code to cure.
Bina Culture – What’s important to us, and ideally to you:
- We're solving some of the most important problems in the world with high performance computing and a passion for revolutionizing healthcare.
- We are driven every day by our collective desire to make the world a better place by tackling the most difficult big data problems.
- We have a deep desire for excellence and high standards for ourselves and others. We enjoy and honor what we do and we are passionately curious to learn more and grow.
- We are courageous and excited to venture into new territories, result-oriented and execution driven.
- We are all leaders in our own ways, regardless of position or title. We take initiatives and own our work, and solve together.
- We work towards making our users successful and empowered. Our goal is to support, train and provide for them.
- We are a team. We care for each other and help each other to become better people. We recruit, nurture, and mentor the best team to our company. We appreciate the diverse talent and backgrounds that different individuals bring to our team.
- Like what you see? Learn more about the team behind Bina Technologies
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact Bina Technologies employees with unsolicited resumes. Any resume sent by an outside agency without an explicit signed Bina generated agency agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and will not be eligible for payment.