Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's four scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference.
The Director of Process Development will provide direct technical and managerial leadership to the group as well indirectly to the entire cell therapy development and manufacturing organization.
The position will involve managing PD scientists and associates and ensuring that development activities are well coordinated, experiments are appropriately designed, and that results are effectively communicated. The successful applicant will interact with research scientists, manufacturing staff in the GMP Cell Processing Facility, QA/QC, and other scientific staff.
- 10+ years experience in process development and supporting GMP cell culture based manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in cell therapy applications with T-cells and stem cells, however, recognizing that this is a nascent field the candidate may have transferable skills from other biotech fields.
- Experience working with static and suspension cell cultures in flasks and bioreactors (fed-batch and perfusion; fixed and/or disposable bioreactor systems)
- Experience in cell culture media development and optimization of cell culture processes and operating conditions
- Experience with cell culture associated unit operations such as tangential flow filtration for cell harvest/concentration, centrifugation, and cryopreservation/thaw recovery.
- Knowledge of methods to characterize cells including cell based assays, flow cytometry, and proteomic/genomic methods
- Familiar with scale-up issues and issues associated with transfer into GMP manufacturing.
- Experience in data analysis and design of experiments methods (e.g. JMP)
- Managerial experience in supervising other technical professional, goal setting, managing budgets.
- Ability to perform long term project planning in terms of generate scope of work documents and project plans, timelines, and budget forecasting.
- PhD or comparable experience in engineering or biological sciences
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2223804-2647-8721