Job Title: Director, Oncology
Reports To: VP of Complete Genomics, Inc.
Department: Molecular Assay Development
Complete Genomics, Inc. is looking for a highly motivated individual to lead oncology assay development efforts in support of personalized patient care using next generation sequencing platforms. The incumbent will be responsible for developing, qualifying/validating, and implementing biomarkers and assays through exploration of innovative, cutting-edge technologies in focused diseases (prostate, lung, breast, etc.). This individual will lead team, based in Mountain View, United States and Shenzhen, China, to effectively develop and execute on innovative projects, including the project proposing, budget control, recruiting team members and managing the project progression, promote collaborative efforts to push precision translational sciences forward. This successful individual is expected to be, or develop into, externally recognized expert in precision diagnostics and medicine.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive scientific and technical innovation by developing and executing on oncology assays
- Provide translational research service/product to advance oncology biomarker assessment and drug resistance mechanism in support of molecular diagnosis and personalized patient care
- Develop and effectively manage a translational research laboratory, including lab maintenance, writing SOPs, test procedures, protocols, reports, summarizing/presenting data, and participating in internal/external collaboration.
- Directly responsible for cFDA/FDA/CE-IVD regulation, including lead and direct product definition, designing and perform feasibility analysis, and conduct clinical trial.
- Participate and thrive in a highly interactive, fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Build up pre-clinical or clinical collaboration with local hospitals and key opinion leaders (KOLs).
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.