The Director, National Accounts builds customer relationships and sells QIAGEN’s products and services to his/her assigned national accounts to meet or exceed sales targets. The Director, National Accounts works closely with the VP, Strategic Accounts to develop a cohesive and comprehensive strategy across regions for his/her specific type of commercial accounts (e.g., LabCorp, Quest). The Director, National Accounts is the overall account owner and drives the business growth strategy and tactical sales execution, utilizing all sales specialists within the Sales, Market Support, and Market Development teams. This allows the Director, National Accounts to identify and coordinate the needs of the customer across the entire QIAGEN portfolio focusing on securing strong relationships based on contractual commitments. The Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) and Inside Sales-SAMs may work with the Director, National Accounts to coordinate selling efforts.
Target Account Segments, including but not limited to:
• Major diagnostic testing labs
• Sales revenue / Budgets: Meet or exceed sales targets for all products and assigned business objectives. Develop tactical plans to maximize revenues.
• Strategy: Implement corporate strategy in assigned accounts. Collaborate with the VP, Strategic Accounts to develop a cohensive and comprehensive strategy across regions for his/her specific type of commercial account (e.g., LabCorp, Quest). Negotiate contract and execute pricing strategy to maintain existing business and develop new business.
• Planning / Forecasting: Develop and execute an effective business plan for the assigned territory. Forecast within accuracy guidelines. Perform daily pre-call planning for increased sales effectiveness. Seek feedback to measure market dynamics.
• Business/Markets: Recognize market trends and gain competitive intelligence within territory. Communicate market information through bus teams, CRM market feedback, and/or other approved channels. Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities in defined area.
• Manage Resources: Involve and support team members, including Instrument Sales Manager, to achieve mutual company goals and objectives. Use CRM database daily for input and output of customer information to increase sales effectiveness. Meet expense budget guidelines.
• Customer Focus: Enhance customer satisfaction and increase our competitive advantage while building trust and relationships with customers. Develop strong relationships with key customers.