The successful candidate will be responsible for clinical oversight of Molecular Diagnostic Services for our full-service pediatric molecular diagnostics company. We seek a skilled Clinical or Molecular Geneticist to lead the clinical team in delivery of the next-generation of molecular diagnostics. This includes facilitating novel approaches to clinical interpretation and reporting of genomic information to make a difference in pediatric patient’s medical care. In addition, the Director interacts with external clinical and scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups, payers and regulatory agencies to promote adoption and reimbursement for our company’s cutting edge molecular diagnostic products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides hands on leadership to the clinical team for the successful execution of clinical product launches including interpretation and reporting, case review and issue resolution
- Works with the laboratory manager and other leadership staff to ensure appropriate resources are available to support high quality laboratory services, including financial management, recruiting, information systems and quality programs
- Remains informed of developments in the medical and genetics communities and incorporates new knowledge into our services.
- Establishes relationships with graduate medical education programs to participate in fellowship programs
- Maintains an environment of clinical excellence and accountability of the medical directors and genetic counselors striving for highest quality reporting to clients and continuous improvement for clinical reporting..