We are looking for a Director of Medical Affairs, Oncology, to manage a broad range of Medical Affairs activities with a focus on Oncology, including: Medical reviews, Medical information requests, Medical Education Grants (CME) and Medical Research Grants (IIS), Medical presentations (including at national and international conferences), Medical content generation (slides, white papers, abstracts), Medical publication strategy, Clinical Advisory Boards and Medical Speaker Bureaus.
This role will also be responsible for the Company’s Medical perspective in interactions with key external stakeholders, including practicing physicians, clinical researchers, and subject-matter experts, continuing medical education (CME) providers, professional medical organizations, advisory boards, health insurers, and regulatory authorities. They will work closely with the Marketing, Sales, Research & Development, Business Development, Clinical Affairs, and Regulatory Affairs functions, providing expertise and support from a Medical science perspective.
- Ensure the accurate and timely responses to Medical Information Requests (MIR) from EE and HCPs
- Facilitate, manage and coordinate all Medical Research Grant requests for support of Investigator Initiated Studies
- Coordinate publication strategy efforts
- Provide clinical support/training and follow up of speakers for commercial Educational Seminars
- May lead a team of Medical Affairs professionals that provide educational support to healthcare providers, payers, and other stakeholder on products and services offered by Sequenom
- Support the scientific integrity and effectiveness of the Medical Affairs team by developing and maintaining clear guidelines and SOPs
- Serve as an expert resource on Sequenom products and associated disease states and provide educational support for the field sales group and other internal partners
- Work with payer and insurer Medical Directors as well as professional organization guideline committee members to assure that products are appropriately described for usage and coverage
- Facilitate clinical advisory boards and manage external clinical consultants
- Lead Clinical Congress and Symposia scientific activities in collaboration with R&D, marketing and other cross-functional team members
- Collaborate with marketing to consult, develop and audit multi-channel medical educational activities and tools including speaker programs, slide kits, on-line educational events, etc.
- May sign out clinical non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) results and oncology results in a CLIA regulated laboratory setting
- Contribute to a positive team dynamic of high-energy collaboration, operational excellence and results focus
- Manage staff including recruiting, hiring, motivating, performance management, training and development.