All About Us
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of February 2016, the company had a $21 billion market capitalization.
All About You
At Illumina, we apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These revolutionary tools for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis are enabling rapid advances in disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.
We are seeking an Associate Director/Director of Medical Affairs that will contribute to the development of a Medical Affairs strategy for the reproductive genetics area of healthcare.
The Associate Director/Director of Medical Affairs - Obstetrics will collaboratively and effectively communicate with various departments including Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development, R&D, Sales and Marketing. The candidate will also liaise with healthcare providers, key opinion leaders and professional medical socities.
- Provide medical expertise to cross-functional teams
- Represent the voice of the patient, clinician and other healthcare providers to product development teams
- Provide input in identification of customer product and educational needs
- Develop and manage relationships with KOLs and medical societies as needed
- Lead content development for advisory board meetings and other medical education initiatives
- Present data at medical advisory board meetings and medical trainings
- Participate in Medical Information activities,ensuring communications with customers are adequate and supported by adequate data
- Participate in medical publication and communication activities
- Review and provide comments/feedback on advertising and promotional materials