Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture
The Scientific Director, US Medical Affairs will report to the Executive Director/ US Disease Lead (Lymphoma CLL/Pancreas/Multiple Myeloma/Melanoma, MDS/AML, Lung, Breast). He/she will be headquarters based, and will provide scientific/medical leadership and support for compounds in various stages of clinical development, as well as approved products in that therapeutic area. This individual will support the design, development and implementation of medical affairs plans, under the direction of the executive director, and in coordination with the cross functional Team. They will serve as the Biology/Pathway disease expert. They will also take a leadership role for the execution of Celgene sponsored medical affairs trials and will also assist in the evaluation and support of investigator-initiated trials. He/she will represent US Medical Affairs as needed on behalf of the Executive director, serving as a therapeutic area expert in scientific, strategic and tactical discussions and presentations with internal colleagues, including the Global Franchise Team, as well as with external experts and investigators. Prior immune-oncology experience with check point inhibitors a plus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Collaborate with Medical Affairs colleagues to guide and execute strategy and tactics with appropriate use of resources
2. Assist disease teams as necessary for various activities of Global Franchise Team
3. Represent Medical Affairs on behalf of the executive director as a therapeutic area expert in both internal and external venues including the Global Franchise Team, clinical sub-teams, and advisory boards / steering committees
4. Lead/support various Medical Affairs cross-functional working groups
5. Represent Celgene at professional meetings, congresses, and local symposia.
6. Drive the planning and execution of Medical Affairs Sponsored Trials, within appropriate standards for compliance, quality, timeliness, and budget.
7. Provide high quality scientific/clinical input and review of: disease strategy plans, abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts, educational materials, webcasts, IIT protocols, Commercial Brand plans, Scientific educational grant requests and patient advocacy grant requests
8. Track priority Medical Affairs tactics and performance to goals/budget
9. Partner with Scientific Communications on developing publication strategy, gap analysis, and key messages
10. Assist with scientific searches, data summaries, preparation for site visits/corporate visits/payor presentations
11. Interaction with key stakeholders, as a scientific and strategic expert:
- Medical Affairs partners in therapeutic area
- Global Medical Affairs Leadership
- Market Access