We are looking for an amazing, data-driven marketer to own the marketing strategy for our CE (Capillary Electrophoresis) business, which includes Sanger Sequencing, Fragment analysis (Multiplex PCR analysis by Sizing and Glycan/Protein analysis). The Director of Marketing routinely interfaces with senior leadership and works closely with a cross functional and global team of resources including: Marketing, R&D, Finance, and Regulatory. The role is designed to lead to Marketing Management opportunities within the business. Reporting to the head of the business unit, you will establish and lead global cross-functional business teams to ensure alignment on applications and market-related programs to achieve annual growth and profitability objectives for all product lines. The Marketing Director role guides the business in both the Market Development and Marketing Communications strategy. You will also serve as the Marketing Core Team Member on key cross functional programs and innovation teams and support marketing activities for products from pre-concept to launch. In addition, this person will be responsible for elevating the overall strategic thinking of the global and regional marketing teams through providing support in the refinement of marketing plans and execution.
You’ll architect demand generation and marketing strategy with programs that maximize awareness, generate demand and engagement, influence sales positively, educate and motivate partners and strategic alliances globally. You will drive new product launch plans in collaboration with Product Management to achieve a holistic commercialization plan and drive demand generation programs, with primary responsibility for global marketing, programs execution, and operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Market Development- Manage a team of global market development to identify market segment trends and opportunities, develop and disseminate actionable information on target growth opportunities, and manage the inflow and outflow of value-add, customer-driven applications as a means of competitive differentiation. Strengthen global CE portfolio positioning, go to market strategies, and market development.
- Strategic Planning – Lead the strategic planning process with focus on improving market and competitive data, applying external market applications focus in the process. Understand key market dynamics, customer needs and competitive activities. Utilize Market Analyst to provide consistent and thorough data to represent market trends, opportunities, and recommended direction. Assess internal capabilities, and identify product and application marketing opportunities that ensure strong competitive position and maximize sales revenue and profit growth. Assist in the refinement of global commercial marketing plans to ensure strategic focus; market driver’s analysis, market segmentation, positioning, value proposition, and marketing mix
- People Management – Manage a global team of market development managers, marketing communications professionals. Provide strong, data-based direction to product management and business leadership team members. Recruit, develop, manage and motivate best-in-class personnel. Establish goals and performance feedback per company guidelines.
- New Product Introductions – Coordinate closely with Product Management to define and develop high-impact new product introductions roadmap with high return on investment that achieves product vitality targets. Incorporate sound customer, applications, market and competitor analysis including “Voice of the customer” (VOC) analysis. In doing so, apply leadership to support phase-gate and product management process with a high level of rigor. Routinely monitor pricing trends.
- Tactical Marketing Programs – systematically evaluate and execute programs that will drive near–term revenue through market and applications knowledge and aptitude. Programs to include competitive assessments, selling techniques, ideas for promotions, and strength/weakness/opportunity/threat analysis. Support the sales organization in developing campaigns to increase awareness and generate leads.
- Marketing Communications - Oversee the development of marketing communications platform that reinforces business unit’s capabilities to current and potential customers. Key responsibilities include but not limited to trade show participation, trade show attendance, seminar participation and white paper presentations, web site programs, brochures, advertising, exhibitions, media, news releases, and direct mail campaigns. Lead efforts to enhance and implement web, email marketing, and social media strategy to more effectively reach customers and achieve annual growth goals.
- Product & Applications Training and Support – Develop and execute effective applications training programs for all current and new products emphasizing product competitive advantages, “sell against” strategies and tactics and provide on-going sales support to move customers toward offerings. Work with product management, application team, training, sales management and other resources to provide product line training and support.
- New Product Vitality & Financial Viability - The ability to ensure that new product (two years old or less) introductions not only meet and exceed revenue and EBITA targets, but also complete a full product offering in the marketplace. Meet and exceed both EBITA and Revenue generation based upon yearly AOP targets for the global Genetic Sciences Division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. MBA or Masters preferred
- 8-10 years of related experience including analytical capabilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail; ability to step back and analyze the overall business impact
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Experience in identifying market opportunities, market segmentation, competitive analysis, market development and go to market models and strategies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to support business unit executives with analysis and presentations
- Willingness to dig into details and analyze variances and trends
- Strong systems skills with working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to travel up to 15-30% of time to support business objectives
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher Scientific: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/5-reasons-to-work